Saturday, January 24, 2015

Frolunda! Frolunda! Frolunda!

Business/Leisure:

No businesses to visit today.  Today was a sleep in and enjoy the day.  I did not wake up until 11am
and then went shopping with some of the group.  Since we have been here, we only got sun yesterday and today we had actual snow.  It was not the flurry snow that we have been getting, but actual sleet snow.  So glad I packed my snow boots!  While walking around Haga I finally found out how the plow the roads here.  They have farm tractors that they put plows on and they just go up and down the roads.  I was not expecting that, but it is a brilliant idea. 

Shopping in Haga was a blast!  There were so many shops to go to.  I swear we did not make it to all the shops.  There are still a few people that I need to shop for, but for the most part I am done shopping.  Besides for tonight when I bought myself A Frolunda Indians flag.

Tonight was the night that we got to go to the hockey game.  The game was amazing.  At first the game started out pretty slow, but it amped up a lot as the game went on.  To the left of the area that we were sitting at was the fan seating area.  These are the fans that have season passes.  They were ridiculous.  It was so much fun.  Directly across from them were the fans of the opposing team.  It was interesting to see the rivalry between the two groups.  One group would chant something and the other would chant something back.  It was at this point that I really wish I understood Swedish.

During the game we were surprised on how few penalties there were.  This only jinxed us.  Then there were penalties all the time.  Surprisingly, majority being on us.  There were plenty of times that the other team should have been penalized, but that is just how the game goes.  There was one goal made by the other team that no one was sure if it was going to count or not.  The referees were talking for a long time and they kept on replaying the goal.  Unfortunately, they gave the other team the goal.  It was at this point that the other team ended up being up one point to us.

It was a battle to the finish.  There were so many attempts at the goal, but we could not seem to get the puck in.  The team seemed to have a major problem with passing the puck to a team mate that was actually there.  Then they would try to pass it in front of the goal and there was no one there.  The team seemed to stay far away from the goal.  It was great when they did make a goal.  There were fireworks!  Yes, I am a little excited about the fireworks.

The game ended up being three to two the other team.  We were all pretty bummed, but it was still an amazing game.  I got so many great shots with my camera of the players in action.  I so wish I could post them all, but I think the website would break down.  There were a few fights that broke out and those were pretty interesting.  We all wished that we would have won.  Overall, the game was amazing and I am so glad that we were able to go to the game.  To be honest, being there made me really miss soccer.  Indoor soccer was my favorite.  I missing slamming people against the walls.  Indoor is such a different experience than outdoor.  I do not know.  Maybe you have to play it to understand.

The creepiest thing happened while we were all waiting for the tram to come.  Obviously, there are a ton of people at the stop waiting since the game just got out and the tram stop was not far from the entrance at all.  There were these two girls that walked past us.  We could only tell that they were girls by their hair, their clothes, their purses, and their voices.  Their heads were covered by a plastic bag.  Literally, there was a plastic bag over both of their heads with the eyes and mouth areas cut out.  I do not understand what happened and I do not think I even want to know.  

Daily Reflections:
  • I need to stop shopping so much.
  • I really wish Milwaukee could be like Goteborg, just walk around.
  • The atmosphere at the hockey games are amazing.  
  • There are some really weird people here.
  • I need to find something to occupy my time when I am at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment